How To Use NuWave Air Fryer
NuWave is a brand of the digital air fryer. It is a great option for cooking without using unhealthy oil. There are 3 brands of NuWave brio digital air fryer: 3-qt capacity, 6- qt capacity, and 10- qt capacity.
If you have just purchased any of the brio air fryers, we will show you how to use Nuwave air fryer.
How Do You Set Up Your Air Fryer?
To set up your air fryer, follow the directions below:
1. Remove all materials used in packaging it. Take off all labels and glues on your appliance.
2. Use a mild dishwashing detergent, a soft sponge, and hot water; wash the fry pan basket and the base tray. You can also wash them in a dishwasher.
3. Wipe the appliance, inside and outside with a wet towel. The appliance must not be immersed in water.
4. After that, you need to choose a space for your air fryer. It is most likely to stay on the kitchen countertop. Wherever you decide to place it, the surface should be even and resistant to heat.
5. Ensure that your appliance is not close to a water source like the sink. Also, the air fryer’s air vent should not be blocked. This vent is at the back of the air fryer and it is meant for proper ventilation. If blocked, the outcome of your cooking will be negatively affected.
6. Place the fry pan basket in the base tray and slide them into the NuWave brio air fryer. You can now get a standard socket and plug your air fryer. It usually comes with a cable of 120 centimeters which makes it easy to get to the socket.
Endeavour to follow all the directions given here before you can use the air fryer.
Video: How To Use A Nuwave Air Fryer
If you prefer learning by video, this article is also explained here.
How Do You Operate Your Air Fryer?
To operate your air fryer, you need to be familiar with these features:
1. On/Off Feature
2. Wattage Feature
3. Start/Pause Feature
4. Menu Feature
5. Pre-Heat Feature
Press down the on/off button once to turn on the appliance. The air fryer’s control panel will display the number zero (0). This indicates that you have not selected any temperature or cooking time. Press down the power button again to turn off the appliance.
If you are using a NuWave brio 6-qt capacity air fryer, it has a default wattage of 1800 watts. This can be changed by pressing the watts button once. You will notice a red light on the control panel, indicating 900. This means that the wattage has been set at 900 watts.
When you press the watts button again, the light will indicate 1500. This means that the wattage has been set at 1500 watts. When you repeat the previous procedure, it will indicate 1800. At that point, your air fryer has been set to a default 1800 watts.
Press down the start/pause button to start cooking. Do this once and the fan icon and “15” will display on the control panel. Your air fryer will begin a count down. The default cook setting is 15 minutes at a temperature of 360˚F.
In case you need to pause the cooking, press down the start/pause option again. Press it again to continue cooking.
Press down the menu button and a red light above fries will display 360. To start cooking, press down the start/pause button. The air fryer will start counting down.
In order to make a choice other than fries, press the menu button and select the type of food you want to cook. After that, press down the start/pause button.
Your Nuwave brior 6-qt air fryer should come with a user manual. There, you will see a chart containing pre-programmed menu options. But if yours does not have one, we’ve got you covered. Below is a table of menu options for different food types.
|Type of Food||Time (Minutes)||Temperature||Amount of Food (ounces)|
|Fries (Homemade Thick cut)||25||360˚F||8 – 12|
|Frozen Fries (Medium cut)||15||400˚F||28|
|Steak (½” ribeye)||12||360˚F||8 oz each|
|Poultry (Chicken breast)||12||360˚F||8 oz each|
|Fish (Frozen Fish Sticks)||8||400˚F||12|
To opt-out of menu feature, press the menu button again. Do so until the red light at the top of the type of food is no longer on.
If you are using the Pre-Heat feature, press the pre-heat button before pressing the menu button. This will help you to set an accurate temperature. Every menu you select is set to a default of 1800 watts.
Depending on the recipe to be cooked, you will need to pre-heat your air fryer. For foods that need a very crispy finish like French fries, chicken wings, or frozen appetizers, you need to pre-heat the air fryer.
Press down the pre-heat button. The air fryer control panel will display “0” and “Pre-Heat.”
When you press start/pause, by default, it sets at a temperature of 360˚F and the time is set at 15 minutes. The 360 and a fan icon will be beeping together.
You can change the temperature and cooking time depending on your recipe. Press the arrow keys beside the temperature to either increase or decrease the temperature. The same method works for cooking time.
As soon as the air fryer gets to the required temperature and cooking time, the control panel will display “ready.” The appliance will beep just once.
Subsequently, the air fryer will start counting down to 5 minutes. So, the number, 5, will keep flashing on the control panel. It will stay that way for about 5 minutes or till you pull out the fryer basket.
Now you can add the food in the fryer basket. Put the fryer basket back into the air fryer. At this point, the appliance will start counting down to the cooking time that you have previously set.
It is important to note that if the fryer basket is removed during pre-heating, the air fryer will pause automatically. It will start counting down to 5 minutes until the fryer basket is replaced.
Do not use the pre-heat feature when you need to cook another set of food just after using the air fryer. Because the appliance will still be hot.
If you need to cook food for a longer period of time, put back the fry pan basket and base tray. Then you can continue cooking the food in increments of 2 to 3 minutes. Keep increasing the time until you achieve your desired result.
By default, the air fryer is set at 1800 watts, 360 degrees Fahrenheit, and 4 minutes. You can use the reheat feature for a single portion food size.
Press down the reheat option to activate the air fryer’s default setting. For instance, if you need to warm some leftover pizza, put a slice in the fry basket. If you want to reheat very soft rice or some noodles, sprinkle a little water and cover with a foil.
How Do You Adjust the Temperature of Your Air Fryer?
To adjust the temperature of your air fryer, you need to follow these directions:
1. Use the arrows below and above the thermometer icon if you need to change this temperature. As earlier mentioned, Nuwave brio digital 6-qt air fryer is set at a default temperature of 360°F.
2. Change the temperature in increments of 5 degrees. Note that the lowest air fryer temperature is 100 degrees Fahrenheit while the highest is 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Long-press the up or down arrow if you need to skip the 5 degrees increment and make it faster. This will change the temperature in increments of 50 degrees.
The temperature can be adjusted at any time, while the food is being cooked.
How to Adjust the Cooking Time
By default, your brio 6-qt air fryer is set to cook for 15 minutes. But if you want to change it to your desired cooking time, press either of the up or down arrows beside the time icon.
The time can be adjusted in increments of one minute. Keep pressing the arrows until you reach the desired cooking time.
Furthermore, when you need to adjust the time in a faster way, long-press either of the arrows. This will adjust the cooking time in increments of 10 minutes, 20 minutes, and 30 minutes.
The minimum cooking time that you can select is one minute. The maximum cooking time varies, and it is dependent on the cooking temperature.
The maximum time for a temperature between 100˚F – 345˚F is 16 hours.
The maximum time for a temperature of 350˚F – 400˚F is 1 hour.
At any phase of the cooking process, you can adjust the time. Press the arrows beside the air fryer’s time icon. This will display the time left for cooking. Press the up or down arrow until it gets to the time you desire.
Immediately you select your desired time, the appliance will show the current cooking time.
Video: Complete Instruction on NuWave Air Fryer
This video is a complete instructional on how to effectively use a NuWave brio digital air fryer.
How Do You Achieve Best Results with the NuWave Air Fryer?
To achieve best results with the NuWave air fryer, you need to do the following:
1. Remove the fry pan basket and base tray from the air fryer after selecting the temperature and cooking time. You can then add your ingredients to the air fryer.
2. The fry basket should not be filled to the brim. There should be some space for the hot air to circulate properly. Now, you can put back the fry basket and base tray into the air fryer.
3. The base tray should not be touched after cooking as it will still be hot. But you can hold it by using the handle.
4. Furthermore, you may need to try out a recipe that requires shaking the food. To do this properly, hold the handle of the air fryer and remove the base tray. When you have done this satisfactorily, put back the fry basket in the base tray. Slide both components into the air fryer.
5. When using your air fryer’s pan divider, ensure that the four silicone tabs are properly fixed on the tabs of the divider. To do this, look into the basket and watch the divider as it slides down to the center part of the basket.
6. Ensure that the divider is in-between the screws and groves of the fry basket. When you need to remove the divider, allow it to slide upward. The silicone tabs can be removed from the divider when you need to clean them.
How Do You Remove the Fry Pan Basket?
To remove the fry pan basket from the base tray, do the following:
First, the demounting button should be pressed backwards.
Second, take out the fry basket from the base tray. This will help you to pour out the food without lifting so much weight posed by the base tray.
Apply caution when removing the fry pan basket from the base tray.
Ensure the base tray is kept on a heat resistant surface. This will help the appliance cool off faster.
How to Clean Your NuWave Air Fryer After Use
It is important to clean your air fryer after using it. You should also clean it in between cooking a large batch of food, to avoid smoking.
Use a moist towel to clean the outside parts of the air fryer. You can remove the basket divider from the fry basket. This will make cleaning easier.
Use very mild dishwashing detergent, soft sponge and hot water to clean the fry basket, divider, and the internal components.
You can also wash with a dishwasher. Ensure you use the top rack.
Check if there is leftover food in the basket, base tray, or basket divider. If there are, soak the air fryer’s components in hot water for about 10 to 15 minutes. When the water is cool, you can use a soft brush to remove any food that is still lingering on the air fryer’s components.
Always use a soft sponge on the base tray, fry basket and the inner components. Also, avoid the use of metal utensils as well as strong abrasives. They can spoil the air fryer’s non-stick coating.
In addition to how you can operate your Nuwave air fryer, you can cook a variety of recipes in it.
Some Healthy Recipes You Can Make in Your NuWave Air Fryer
Twice Baked Potatoes (2 Servings)
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 43-50 minutes
Temperature – 390˚F + 350˚F
- 2 russet potatoes
- Half cup of sour cream, plus extra for garnish
- Half cup of chopped broccoli
- 5 slices of chopped bacon, cooked
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Three-quarter cups of milk
- Three-quarter cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
How Do You Cook Your Twice Baked Potatoes in NuWave Air Fryer?
To cook your twice baked potatoes in NuWave air fryer follow these procedures:
1. Place potatoes in the fry basket and allow to bake for 35-40 minutes at a temperature of 390 degrees Fahrenheit, or you can cook until they are soft in the middle. When they are fully baked, remove from the air fryer and allow to cool.
2. When the potatoes are still baking, you can mix the sour cream, bacon, broccoli, butter, salt, pepper, and milk in a medium-sized bowl; set it aside.
3. After the potatoes are cool such that you can touch them, cut them into halves. Scoop out the insides.
4. Add the scooped parts to the mixture of sour cream. Stir to combine.
5. Place the combined mixture back into the potato skins and place in fry basket.Bake them for about 8-10 minutes at a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Allow the potatoes to cool for 3-5 minutes, then place them on a serving tray.
7. Top up with some sour cream, chives, and cheese.
Home Fries (6 Servings)
Prep Time – 40 minutes
Cook Time – 15 minutes
Temperature – 390˚F
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
How Do You Cook Your Home Fries in NuWave Air Fryer?
To cook your home fries in NuWave air fryer follow these procedures:
1. Boil the potatoes in a pot of salted water for about 40 minutes or until they become tender. Allow to cool completely.
2. Add oil, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl and mix properly.
3. When the potatoes are cool, cut them into quarters. Lightly add the spices and oil mixture.
4. Press the Pre-Heat button and set the temperature at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, set the cooking time at 14-16 minutes.
5. Press the start button. As soon as it is ready, add potato wedges to the fry basket with the skin side facing downward. Ensure that the air fryer is not overcrowded.
6. Cook the wedges until they turn golden brown.
Air Baked Eggs (3 Servings)
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 7-10 minutes
Temperature – 300˚F
- 3 ramekins
- 6 ounces diced ham
- 3 large eggs
- 3 – 6 spinach leaves (optional)
- 3 teaspoons milk, divided non-stick cooking spray or butter salt and pepper to taste
How Do You Cook Air Baked Eggs in NuWave Air Fryer?
To cook air baked eggs in NuWave air fryer follow these procedures:
1. Press the Pre-Heat button and set the temperature at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, set the cooking time at 7-10 minutes.
2. Press the start button. Use a non-stick spray to spray the ramekins.
3. Add spinach, 1 egg, ham, 1 teaspoon milk, pepper, and salt to each ramekin.
4. After that, place the ramekins in the fry basket and allow to cook.
Air Fried Tortilla Chips (4 Servings)
Prep – 5 minutes
Cook time – 4 minutes
Temperature – 390˚F
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt to taste
How Do You Cook Air Fried Tortilla Chips in NuWave Air Fryer?
To cook air-fried tortilla chips in NuWave air fryer follow these procedures:
1.Press the Pre-Heat button and set the temperature at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Set the cooking time for 4 minutes.
2.Press the start button.
3. Brush the tortillas with olive oil.
4. Cut them into triangles.
5. Afterwards, place the tortillas in the fry basket and allow to cook.
6. Season with some salt.
7. Enjoy. You can serve with guacamole or salsa.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts (4 Servings)
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 15 minutes
Temperature – 390˚F
- 1 pound of fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
How Do Cook Roasted Brussels Sprouts in NuWave Air Fryer?
To cook roasted Brussels sprouts in NuWave air fryer follow these directions:
1. Remove any bruised or tough part of the outer Brussels sprouts leaves. Trim the stems on the sprouts.Rinse the sprouts; shake them dry and set aside.
2.Press the Pre-Heat button and set the temperature at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, set the cooking time at 15 minutes.
3. Press the start button.
4. Mix the garlic, pepper, salt, and olive oil in a bowl.Add the sprouts to the bowl and allow to coat.
5. When it is done, place the sprouts in the air fryer basket and cook. Pause at intervals to shake it.
It is important to note that the sprouts are cooked when the centers have become tender. The outsides will also be caramelized and quite crispy. If your Brussels sprouts are big, cut them in half vertically to cook properly.
Classic Bacon Cheeseburger (4 Servings)
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Cook Time – 16 – 18 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs of ground beef
- 8 slices of cooked bacon, cooked
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of Worchester sauce
- ½ cup of freshly chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons of hamburger seasonings
- 4 slices of cheese
- 4 slices of tomatoes
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- 4 hamburger buns
How Do You Cook Classic Bacon Cheeseburger in NuWave Air Fryer?
To cook classic bacon cheeseburger in NuWave air fryer follow these directions:
1. Put the ground beef in a bowl. Add the chopped onions, egg, Worchester sauce, and hamburger seasonings.
2. Make 4 hamburgers patties.Place the patties in the fryer basket and allow to cook at a temperature of 360˚F for 16 minutes. Flip them halfway during the cooking.
3. When the patties are cooked, place them on one side of a plate.
4. Place your hamburger buns on a serving tray. Put the patties between the buns.
5. Add cheese, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and any spread of your choice.
Buffalo Wings (4 Servings)
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 25 minutes
Temperature – 390˚F
- 2 pounds chicken wings (remove the tips and cut the wings into drummettes and flats)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ cup your favorite wing sauce
How Do You Cook Buffalo Wings in NuWave Air Fryer?
To cook your buffalo wings in NuWave air fryer follow these directions:
1. Press the Pre-Heat button and set the temperature at 360˚F. The cooking time should be set at 25 minutes. Press the start button.
2. Mix the garlic, pepper, salt, and oil in a bowl. Ensure it is mixed properly. Add the wings to the bowl and toss till it is fully coated.
3. Afterwards, put half of your chicken wings in the fry pan basket, and cook. You need to shake the air fryer basket occasionally, to ensure that the wings are cooked evenly.
4. Transfer the wings to a large bowl. Toss them with 2 tablespoons of wing sauce.
5. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the rest of the wings and sauce.
Having taken you through a detailed guide on how to use a NuWave air fryer, we believe you gained a lot perusing this article. Why don’t you buy your NuWave air fryer and start sampling some of the recipes? You will be glad you did and your culinary adventure will grow from better to best.
Here are some related in-depth articles:
- How To Deep Fry Without A Deep Fryer
- How to Cook Frozen French Fries in an Air Fryer
- How To Cook Bacon In Air Fryer
- What Does An Air Fryer Do – What You Should Know
- How To Cook Chicken In Air Fryer – All You Need To Know
- How to Cook Fish in Air Fryer
How to Use Nuwave Air Fryer– Related FAQs.
Why Does My Air Fryer Keep Shutting Off?
Your air fryer keeps shutting off because of an electrical problem. This can cause acute heat, making the plastic components dissolve or burn. You need to act immediately by doing the following:
1. Unplug the air fryer.
2. Never plug it back prior to when you get repair service.
3. You can opt for a new air fryer if you do not want to repair the air fryer with an electrical problem. Finding another air fryer will not be a big issue because you can easily buy from the market or online.
Why is My Air Fryer Not Getting Hot?
Your air fryer is not getting hot because the element responsible for heating is faulty. There are other factors that can cause your air fryer not to get hot. They include:
1. When the door is not closed properly or obstructed.
2. When you do not set the cooking temperature.
3. When you do not set the duration of the cooking time.
4. If there is a connection fault between the heating element and the source of power.
5. If the temperature is set too low.
How Do I Cook Tater Tots in My Nuwave Air Fryer?
To cook tater tots in your Nuwave air fryer, follow the directions below:
1. Preheat your air fryer until it gets to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Use a healthy oil of your choice (olive or avocado oil) to overlay the tots. Add salt and mix very well.
3. Allow cooking for fifteen minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
4. Ensure you turn over the tots every five minutes to get a crunchy, golden look.
5. For crunchier tater tots, allow cooking for extra time.
6. Savour your air fried tater tots with any beverage of your choice.
Can You Put Aluminum Foil in a Nuwave Air Fryer?
You can put aluminum foil in an air fryer. To do this, you need to be sure that the food needs the aluminum foil. For foods like vegetables and meat, wrap with aluminum foil and put it inside the air fryer. This helps to retain the juice.
However, do not use aluminum foil for foods that are very acidic such as tomatoes and the sauce and dishes made with vinegar and fruits. This is because the foil will react with the food when the heat breaks down the aluminum, leaving little tiny pieces of it in your food.
Also, aluminum foil has a tendency to begin a fire when it is put into a heated element.
Can You Put Metal in An Air Fryer?
You can put any metal in an air fryer. This is true for any heat resistant dish or container such as ceramic, glass, and silicone. You can equally use paper or silicone baking sheets to bake muffins, cookies, cupcakes, or small grantins.
When putting the baking sheet/tin, make sure you leave some space by the side. This will help the hot air to pass around what you are cooking. Do not place the baking dish in the pan, rather place it in the air fryer basket. When it is in the pan, it stops the flow of air within the pan and the food will not cook evenly.
Remember to use a hot pad when handling containers and baking tins.
Can Air Fryers Reheat Food?
Air fryers can reheat food. They can also leave food crunchier. To preheat your food, do the following:
1. Set the air fryer at 350-400oF.
2. Allow cooking for three-four minutes.
3. Your food comes out crunchier at the end of cooking
4. Enjoy your crunchy, hot preheated food.
Air fryers work well in saving our leftovers thereby increasing the food’s appeal and our budget. Next time you have leftovers from your dinner, do well to preheat them the next day and enjoy!